Academic

Note: For anyone actually looking at the source for these projects, please keep in mind that they were written when I was much younger and still learning, so please do not judge too harshly. Also, I make no effort to maintain them, so many may not actually run under modern OS configurations. They are here mainly for archival purposes.

WordSteal

This is a stand-alone desktop Java game based on the now-defunct Wordox, an online game similar to Scrabble. It was developed as a group project for the graduate Software Engineering course at WPI; the same project was mandatory for all groups. The intent of the project was to be small enough to allow for each group to closely follow the Waterfall software design process, including Use Cases, UML Diagrams, design patterns, and extensive testing. Source code is included in the JAR file, which is also executable (Images and Dictionaries folders required).

Raytracer

For the computer graphics course at Brandeis, our class developed a ray-tracer in Java. The code template was given to us, and we individually filled in the various algorithms for reflection, texture mapping, etc ourselves throughout the year. Images and source code can be found above.

Image Quilting

This is my final project for the Data Compression course I took at Brandeis. It stitches together an image in order to create a seamless, high-resolution version of the image without the need for a large file.

House of Leaves Simulation

This was my final project for a course at Brandeis called Self.NET. It was a humanities course with a focus on literature that fused the concepts of technology and the self together. Examples of works we studied included Neuromancer, Snow Crash, and House of Leaves. As a computer scientist in a class full of English majors, I relied on my technological background to compensate for my disadvantage in terms of literary analysis skills, bringing unique insight and discussion into the class. This project is a 3D first person simulation written in C# and Managed DirectX. It is meant to explore the concepts of the House of Leaves novel, which features a labyrinthine house that this simulation attempts to mimic. Keep in mind this is largely an aristic program. Requires DirectX and the .Net 2.0 framework to run.

Playtester Pro

This was a project for my algorithms class written in Java, though I had originally developed a version on my own in C++. The intent of the project was to provide a digital version of the Magic card game that I played at the time (Brandeis 2006). The C++ version uses the Win32 API, whereas the Java version uses Java’s built in raster graphics. Neither of these implementations is fully functional–while desktop play works fairly well, networked play was never completed, as the scope of the term project was not large enough and time constraints and priorities did not allow for its completion after the course was finished. Consult the design documents for more information.

Stack Attack! and Tetras

These are small 3D games I developed while a member of my high school’s FIRST robotics team. They are written in C/C++ using OpenGL and mimic whatever competition the robots were engaged in during the particular year they were developed.

  • Binaries and source¬†(Note: These are here mostly for archival purposes. They were written quite some time ago in C/C++ and may not run properly on modern operating¬†systems.)

Pokemon Hunter

I wrote Pokemon Hunter for my 8th grade Math Fair. It was writtin in QBASIC and was the first 2D game I ever wrote. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate the source code.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *